– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Vintage Lionel Train Engine 225Vintage LIONEL TRAINMASTER TYPE KW w ORIG BOX, PARTS ENVELOPE & INSTVintage Lionel Trestle Bridge - Needs Assembly - No Screws & InstructionsVintage Lot of 3 1981 Wrinkles Dog w Outfit & Bone Puppet Stuffed Animal Plush
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
VINTAGE MADE IN KOREA BIG BROWN BUTT SPANKY BAER COLLECTORS CLASSIC 1988 PLUSH
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
VINTAGE MARKLIN HO LOT OF 3 PASSENGER CARS Metal Germany Speisewagen Dortmund
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Vintage Marukoshi Airsoft Mini UZI MINT IN BOXVintage Marx O Scale 5 Items of Crossing Signals and Semaphore B62Vintage MDC G Scale 2000 RAIL SPEEDER Powered. Used but in original boxVINTAGE MINT IN BOX BRASS HOn3 WESTSIDE UTLX GRAMPS FRAMELESS TANK CAR
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Vintage Mohair Kitty Cat w Ball Wind Up Glass Eyes RareVintage MTH Rail King O O-27 Scale Isaly's Coffee Billboard Box Car EXVintage Nkp kmt Brass HO Train lot Samhongsa Korea caboose box car Japan parts
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Vintage Orig. American Flyer Locomotive w Reading Lines Tender Pre OwnedVintage Piko Gutzold HO Diesel Locomotive BR 118 142-9 Toy Train Box GDRVintage Plush Animal Fair Dog Stuffed Toy Clifford WINNIE THE POOH SWEDLIN LOT 2
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | VINTAGE HORNBY '0' GAUGE MODEL No.1 NE PASSENGER BRAKE VAN VN MIB? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Vintage Postwar Lionel O Gauge No.3359 Operating Twin Bin Coal Dump Car With BoxVINTAGE PRE-WAR HORNBY FRENCH MARKET 0-GAUGE LARGE LUMBER 0-GAUGE FREIGHT CARVintage Ragdoll Folk Art Lot Of 10 Misc Ages And Styles
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Vintage Retro USSR Soviet Game Plaything Helicopter 80'sVintage Rogue Trooper board game by Gamesworkshop 2000 A.D.Vintage Russ HAPPI GLUMPS Whoopee-do Plush Dragon Plastic Vinyl Face w Tag